NOTE: Most of the descriptions on this site also apply to RPN-65 SD for the iPhone.
RPN-65 Pro is a photorealistic simulation of the first programmable handheld calculator ever produced. Introduced by Hewlett-Packard in 1974 at a price of $795 (more than $4000 in today's dollars), it was a tremendous success with engineers, scientists and hobbyists.
RPN-65 runs virtually all existing HP-65 programs. It sports a powerful program database and an array of import/export options.
RPN-65 in Plus mode is the HP-65 you wished you had back in the 70's: more program steps, more registers, more functions, more subroutine levels, much higher speed, comfortable program editing, printing without wasting paper tape, live view of all registers and flags, and a program library at your fingertips.
RPN-65 has been verified to run correctly all examples of many original HP Program Pacs, including:
HP Standard Pac, HP E.E. Pac I, HP Math Pac I, HP Math Pac 2, HP Stat Pac I.
RPN-65 comes with these Pacs built in and ready to explore.
Use RPN-65 just like the original HP-65 – or turn on advanced features, such as:
- 999 program steps
- 111 additional registers, with full store and recall register arithmetic
- 105 additional labels
- Additional flag commands
- Run programs at much higher speed than the HP-65
- Use virtual program and data cards.
- Powerful card database manager lets you organize your cards in predefined categories.
- Title and label your own cards right in the app, even cut off the card corners to write-protect them.
- Save entire card collections on your Mac or PC (using iTunes).
- Import/export single program or data cards, or send them by e-mail.
- E-mail program listings or print them on any AirPrint-compatible printer.
- Print on a virtual paper tape printer. E-mail the paper tape, or send output to a real printer.
- Select the ribbon color (black or blue).
- Optionally show negative results in red.
- Print any text on the paper tape.
- Follow subroutine nesting on the paper tape.
- See target step number of branches right in the program listing.
- Low-battery warning in the calculator's display when iPad battery charge drops below 10%.
In TRACE mode, a message will be printed on the paper tape.
- Watch the stack, the memory registers, the program step counter and the flags in real-time.
- Paste text representations of HP-65 programs right into the calculator and run them.
- Enter program steps by simply typing commands into the program listing.
- Copy/paste values and program steps directly in the display.
- Correct input typing errors by swiping left across the display.
- Select any of 30 background images. Or import your own.
More features the HP-65 never offered:
- Non-volatile memory.
- High-precision calculations, not limited to display capacity.
- Display country-specific thousand separators.
- Visual status indicators of prefix keys.
- Program steps shown in plain-text in the display area.
- Cancel SST and BST by simply dragging your finger off the key.
- Register arithmetic works with RCL command.
- Reads data cards created by RPN-65/67/97.