3.6 – Feb 28, 2017
- • Better FRAC results for large arguments
- • RND didn't round correctly certain values in SCI and ENG mode
3.5 – Oct 2, 2016
- • Easter date for 1583 thru 4099: set y = 0, x = year, execute DATE
- • Improved keyclicks
- • Calculator sounds mix with background audio and have their own volume control
- • Copy/pasting of time values in timer mode
3.4 – July 28, 2016
- • Long-press a line on the paper tape to copy it to the pasteboard
- • Long-press and drag a line from the paper tape to the display to paste it
- • Improved results for SIN, COS, TAN with very large arguments
- • Decimal addition/subtraction for higher precision
3.3 – May 20, 2016
- • Localized number grouping (toggle with "FIX .")
- • Improved display (contrast, digits)
- • Large arguments of tanh(x), i.e. ≥ 710, don't produce error message anymore
- • Display issue when toggling group separators while entering number
3.2 – Feb 13, 2016
- • Probability function also returns Inverse Cumulative Normal Distribution (in stack Z)
- • Documented turning thousand's separators on/off in Info screen (tap "FIX .") HD version only
- • If no mail app active, no warning appears until trying to e-mail. HD version only
3.1 – Sep 2, 2015
- • Thousand's separators (tap "FIX." to toggle on and off)
- • Date display uses decimal point in all regions
- • Battery warning printed in printer mode ALL
- • If audio is playing on start-up, RPN-45 will not produce any sounds
- • Fixed display format issue in FIX mode on 32-bit devices
- • Negative date difference is shown correctly
- • Changing settings while calculator is off doesn't turn on display
- • In printer mode ALL, some operations would not print the result
3.0 – April 23, 2015
- • Paper Tape Printer
- Use your HP-45 like an HP-91
- Add annotations effortlessly
- E-mail or print the tape
- Select the ribbon color (black or blue)
- Optionally print negative results in red
- Three printing modes: MAN / ALL / NORM
- • Chess clock
- Set game time limit
- Show playing time of both opponents simultaneously
- Interrupt and continue game any time
- Audible and visual alert when game time is up
- See number of moves played
- Log game on paper tape
- • Last Stack operation
- Restores the entire stack after an operation
- • Convert integer part of display value to hexadecimal
- • Percentage of total function
- Shows display value as percentage of sum created by the summation key
- • Added solver for linear equations in 3 unknowns
- • RCL register operations work with LAST x value (enter RCL 0 etc.)
- • Print stack and print registers functions
- • The cubic equation solver returns the type of the roots
- • Regional angepasster Dezimalpunkt
- • Localized decimal point
- • Timer values show colons
2.5 – Feb 15, 2015
- • HP-45 low-battery warning (all decimal points lit) if iPad's battery drops below 5%
- • Polar-rectangular (and vice versa) conversion extended to hyperbolic mode
- • Improved sound volume control
- • Better legibility of extra functions
- • 64-bit support
- • Calculator didn't turn itself on automatically (iOS 8)
- • Fixed display rounding error
- • LastX didn't work if RCL / n produced an error
2.4 – Aug 23, 2014
- • In SCI and ENG notation, command RND now rounds the mantissa only, not the entire number
2.3 – Mar 28, 2014
- • Now with 30 backgrounds to choose from, PLUS import your own background image
- • Improved y^x function, e.g. (-9)^4 will not produce complex result anymore
- • In FIX display mode, no automatic switching to SCI mode anymore, unless required by number value [Super-45 only]
2.2 – Sep 18, 2013
- • Improved INT and FRAC functions
- • Full-screen display
- • Compatible with iOS 7
- • Register arithmetic now handles under- and overflow correctly
- • Fixed pasting values dropping decimal point in certain regions
- • Fixed typo in built-in instructions
2.1 – Oct 2, 2012
- • Added ENG (engineering) display format
- • Stack registers and calculator mode (normal/complex) are non-volatile
- • Compatible with iOS 6
- • Format of copied value if FIX 0 in effect
- • ∆DYS: Incorrect number of days when second date was entered partially
- • Wrong header language on page 3 of Super-45 instructions
- • Crash when presetting the timer with an integer
- • ➞P key would not animate in complex mode
2.0.1 – July 18, 2012
- • NEW FUNCTIONS:
- Estimates for Linear Regression
- Weighted mean
- Combination (binomial coefficient)
- Extended date calculations
- Rounding of display value
- Swap regular and extended registers, single or all at once
- • Landscape display mode with live registers and a life-size HP-45
- • Improved keyboard response
- • In Super-45 mode, mean and standard deviation are calculated for both x and y.
- • Using the I key, it is now possible to enter four complex values on the stack.
- • Selectable keyclick volume (off/soft/loud)
- • Number entry is not terminated by calling up the settings screen
- • Opening the settings screen before the calculator has turned itself on does not lock up the app
- • No more automatic stacklift after Σ+ und Σ-
- • Sign of complex arcsin and arccos functions
- • A Julian date is correctly treated as negative value in calculations
- • Tapping a key while a calculation is running doesn't clear mode "complex" anymore
- • Stack wasn't cleared except in Super-45 mode
- • Turning on "Non-volatile DP Setting" for the very first time could result in FIX 0 being set
1.4.6 – May 18/19, 2012
- • While entering a number, the X register of the stack display reflects the main display
- • No stack display in timer mode
- • Added localized day of week names (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese)
1.4.5 – March 30, 2012
- • LinEq (Linear Equation solver) now handles complex numbers
1.4.0 – March 16, 2012
- • Name change of app for easy differentiation between iPad and iPhone versions
• Improved input of dates: automatic swapping of day and month (if unambiguous), year optional for current year
• Date shown correctly in SCI display mode. Year separated by additional decimal point.
• Single- or double-tap on display to show register pop-up
• Triple-tap on display to turn calculator off
• New button to toggle stack display
• "Store DP Setting as Default" behaviour is now more intuitive
• CLEAR does not affect extended memory registers
• The percent key works also in complex mode
- • Correct state when interrupting a pending hyperbolic function with STO or RCL
1.3.0 – February 12, 2012
- Renamed and enhanced day-of-week function: day of week is shown as text. Entering an integer allows you to determine the day of the week and the date of any date a given number of days in the future or past.
- Enabling the stack register display also shows the Last X register.
- Various optimizations.
1.2.0 – June 17, 2011
- Replaced financial functions (now available in free RPN-70 Calc app) by INT (integer part), FRAC (fractional part), and RAN# (random number).
1.1.1 – May 17, 2011
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed embarrassing bug introduced with the previous version which prevented the display from going blank on power-off.
- Large display digits. For improved readability, large digits may be used in place of the LEDs of the original HP-45. Turn them on in the settings panel.
1.1.0 – May 11, 2011
- Raising a negative value to the power of the inverse of an even integer returned a correct result in complex mode only.
- Entering π when the display only contains a decimal point in some cases wouldn't push a zero on the stack.
- Hyperbolic functions (sinh, cosh, tanh) and their inverse functions, both for real and complex numbers. This is a user setting. When on, then angular mode decimal grads (GRD) is not available.
- New user setting "Enable Stack Display" shows the stack directly on face of the calculator. Single-tap area above gold key to show or hide. In complex mode: double-tap to turn on, single-tap to alternate between real and imaginary parts of complex numbers.
- Function "Conj" to get the conjugate of a complex number.
- Relabeled key →P to →∠ (phasor form) in complex mode to better show its function (convert rectangular form to phasor form).
- New background images.
1.0.3 – April 11, 2011
- In complex mode, completing the input of a real value with a stack operation didn't clear the imaginary part of the value.
- Certain combinations of extreme input values for the financial functions could crash the application.
- In certain regions, a result overflow would crash the app. Fixed display problems for Arabic and Indian regions.
- All multi-key operations now have visual status indicators. Multi-key operations may be aborted anytime.
- Keys 1 through 3 have labels while they serve for selecting a background.
- The factorial function n! now handles complex numbers.
- Register operations using the Σ+ key (which affect x, y and R7, R8 simultaneously) now have unrestricted functionality. They may involve extended registers, complex numbers and the entire set of register arithmetic operations. Useful for working with data pairs.
- On switching to the complex mode, the stack is copied to the complex stack X and Y.
1.0.2 – March 28, 2011
- Julian calender showed Gregorian weekdays between Oct 15 and Dec 31 of 1582.
- Certain Julian calendar leap year dates, like Feb 29, 1700, were rejected.
- The imaginary part of the complex arc sine in some cases had the wrong sign.
- Fixed behavior of →D.MS function, which was different from HP-45 in some angular modes.
- Calculating with complex number has been redesigned to work like on the HP-15C.
- After leaving the complex mode, the last used complex x and y values are available on the stack.
- arc sin and arc cos may now be calculated for values outside of the range -1 to +1. The result is a complex value.
- Faculty of a negative integer is now shown as "complex infinity".
- A single-value format for entering dates has been added: d.mmyyyy. Julian calendar is used if the value is negative. Both old and new formats are detected automatically. For the regions U.S.A. and English-speaking Canada, the day/month order is reversed.
1.0.1 – March 17, 2011